Doug Works, a lifelong skateboarder with a Masters degree in business administration has been representing, advising, and servicing clients on all commercial real estate matters since 1998. This experience provided him with the intimate knowledge of what motivates property owners and the concessions that they can be persuaded to provide given the appropriate amount of market intelligence and leverage. Doug specializes in representing, advising and providing commercial real estate solutions to skateboard, snowboard, surf, wake, moto and other apparel and sports related companies on the Tenant and Buyer side around the world on all product types (retail, industrial, training facilities, manufacturing, office, investment or even land). He and the experts that Doug will connect you with will provide the market intelligence and leverage that will enable you to make the best possible, most informed commercial real estate decisions. In most cases, these services can be provided at no cost to you. Through his relationships around the world, Doug serves effectively as the commercial real estate resource for the apparel and sports industries. Over the years, Doug ranked in the top tier of commercial real estate professionals on the basis of transaction volume.
Doug grew up skateboarding in Tampa. After graduating from Jesuit High School, he moved to Orlando where he spent his time skateboarding, wakeboarding and earning a Bachelors degree in Marketing from the University of Central Florida. After college, he journeyed to San Diego. There he began working for CBRE (Fortune 500 Company) and earned a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of San Diego. After working at CBRE for nearly 15 years, he transitioned over to a smaller more nimble firm called RED Strategies for a year before investing in Aura Skateboarding Company and running all commercial real estate assignments through his own company (Real Estate Works). He continues to skate nearly every day and is the General Manager and a partner at Aura Skateboard Training Facility in Vista.
Doug has been a longtime contributing member of the Board Retailers Association (BRA), International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC), and Snowsports Industries America (SIA). In addition to presenting and participating on panels at the various trade shows, Doug has also been a contributing writer for Transworld Business providing words and information related to commercial real estate.
- Action-sports Service Provider Network (ASPN)
- Board Retailers Association (BRA)
- Building Industry Association at USD (Founder and original President)
- DRE – Licensed California Real Estate Broker
- International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC)
- National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (NAIOP)
- SD Sports Innovators (SDSI)
- SnowSports Industries America (SIA)
- Toastmasters International (CBRE Toastmasters – Founder and original President)
Service and Charitable Organizations
- Project Mercy - www.projectmercy.net – Board Member
- Tony Hawk Foundation - http://www.tonyhawkfoundation.org/ - Stand Up For Skateparks Event
- Grind For Life – http://www.grindforlife.org
- Named one of San Diego Metropolitan Magazine’s 2010 40 UNDER 40. – The award recognizes “the achievements of young business and civic leaders in whose hands lie our region’s future.”
- Mu Kappa Tau – National Marketing Honor Society at the University of Central Florida
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Marketing)
- University of San Diego, Masters of Business Administration – MBA (Real Estate, Finance, New Venture Management)
For additional information or to schedule a free over-the-phone consultation regarding your current or upcoming commercial real estate needs, please contact Doug at email@example.com or 760-500-5716.
Partial list of Client Testimonials (click below)
Bonnier Corporation (Testimonial for Skate and Create 3 – photo below)